The Fox Hollow Elementary School registration process for the 2012-2013 school year is going to be different than it has been in the past. The school will not be scheduling students. Parents will be picking their student’s teacher for next school year. Parents will login to Skyward Family and Student Access and select their student’s teacher based on seat availability. We are excited as a school that parents will be empowered to make this important decision.
It is essential that parents familiarize themselves with the online scheduling procedures, deadlines, and orientation meetings. The following dates are important for parents to know.
· Wednesday, March 7 and Thursday, March 8 – Tutorial instruction during Parent Teacher Conferences at 15 minute intervals in the computer lab for those that need extra assistance.
· April 13 – 2012 -2013 Kindergarten AM/PM selection at orientation.
· Wednesday, August 15 - Online scheduling opens at
6:00 p.m. for next year 6th grade students
6:15 p.m. for next year 5th grade students
6:30 p.m. for next year 4th grade students
6:45 p.m. for next year 3th grade students
7:00 p.m. for next year 2nd grade students
7:15 p.m. for next year 1st grade students
7:30 p.m. for next year kindergarten students
Computers and assistance will be available in the Computer Room from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
· Monday, August 20 - Online scheduling closes at 9:00 pm for all grade levels
It is in the best interest of parents to make certain that you are familiar with the scheduling process prior to the opening of online scheduling. Classes are limited to a certain number of students per class. When online scheduling is open, many classes will fill quickly and parents will need to be prepared with their first and second choices. Special Ed classes scheduled by the school cannot be adjusted online by parents. After online scheduling is closed to parents, any student without a class will be placed by the school in a remaining available class.
Prior to online scheduling, parents are encouraged to login to Skyward Family and Student Access and validate the following:
1. Make sure your login id and password work. Skyward Family and Student Access can be found on the Jordan School District website at http://www.jordandistrict.org under the “Parents and Students” tab.
2. Make sure you can select your student(s) at the top of the screen AND the school of Fox Hollow Elementary.
3. Make sure you see the Arena Scheduling link (available after April 2nd). Click on this link to practice searching for classes. Be aware that classes will continue to be updated until August 20, 2012.
4. Make sure your correct email address in entered in Skyward.
For those students who live outside of the established Fox Hollow Elementary School boundary and plan to attend Fox Hollow Elementary School during the 2012-2013 school year, there must be a permit form completed and on file in the Fox Hollow Elementary School Main Office. Online scheduling in Skyward Family and Student Access will not be available until a completed permit form is on file.
For questions or concerns, please contact the office at 801-282-1818.
Fox Hollow Elementary School Administration
Fox Hollow School Community Council